Essential Oils can be used for Insomnia and other sleep disorders. Aromatherapy is useful for sleeping and for insomnia.
Insomnia can be cause by fear, anxiety, stress, depression etc. and sometime can be caused without any reason as well. Aromatherapy helps an insomniac induce a state of restfulness.
- Some essential oil and other aromatic compound taken from plants helps to treat insomnia.
- Consult an aroma therapist before going ahead with it.
- Some of the essential oils used in treating insomnia are-
Chamomile - Used in treating irritable and impatient or colicky patient.
Patchouli - Used as an anti depressant and treating anxiety.
Sandalwood - Used as a skin antiseptic.
Neroli - Has soothing effect on the nervous system.
Ylang ylang - Relieve high blood pressure.
Marjoram - Help arthritis, migraines, digestive patients.
- Add10 drops of the above oils in your bath tub. Soak yourself in this water for around 20 minutes.
- If you want to give yourself a massage then using 12 drop of it in a 100 ml of carrier oil will be useful.
- Drinking Camomile tea before going to bed helps. One can even sprinkle few drops of it on pillow before going to bed.
- Make the following blend -
2 drops of jasmine
3 drops of lavender
4 drops of spikenard
6 drops of roman chamomile
- Just before going to bed diffuse the above mixture in the room using a nebulizer.
- Adding the mixture in sweet almond oil (both in equal quantity) and then giving a massage to your self before going to bed also helps.