In order to take proper care of skin one must go for home facial routine. The following write up presents before you a step by step home facial guide to help you out in this regard.
Step By Step Guide To Home Facial
- Pull your hair back from your face and cover it with a scarf. Cover your clothes with a dressing gown.
- Start by thoroughly cleansing your face. Make sure that all the cleanser is removed with tissue especially in the creases at the sides of the nose and centre of the chin.
- The next step is to massage your face. Make sure your hands are clean before you start the massage. During a massage routine, blood circulation accelerates the deposits of lactic acid and get washed out of the muscles. Give yourself a massage about five to ten minutes.
- Begin the massage by placing the pads of both thumbs firmly between the eye-brows. Using firm and even pressure slide them slowly down either side of the nose moving out from its base over the cheeks to the jaw bones.
- Now dab a soothing cream on your skin and rub it evenly over the face. Starting at the base of the throat work upward, using the backs of the hands, to the point of the chin. The sides and the back of the neck should be massaged with the fingertips using upward circular movements.
- When a movement is finished return to the starting point. Starting at the centre of the upper lip, use circular movements out as far as the cheekbones. Working from the centre of the upper lip, use circular movements out towards the centre of the cheeks.
- The skin under the eyes should be gently patted with fingertips, and not massaged. Begin from the nose working under the eyebrows with the fingertips using tiny circular movements, around the eyes to the underneath, and then pat the skin very gently working towards the nose. The forehead should be lightly stroked with the fingertips in any upward direction. Then, working from in-between the brows, employ small circular movements out, and over the eyebrows.
- To complete the massage, using the second and third fingers, pat over the face lightly. This is excellent for muscles which tend to sage.
- After about ten minutes wipe off any surplus creams with a paper tissue.
- The last step is to apply a face pack. To make a face pack yourself mix about one tablespoon of Fullers earth with a skin tonic or an astringent. The purpose of applying a face pack is to draw out impurities to close the pores and remove any rough scaly surface on the skin and tighten the facial muscles. Using the pads of your fingertips spread the pack gently over the face. Use the palms of your hands to spread the pack over your neck. When you are using a face pack it is better to cover your eyes with cotton wool pads squeezed out in cold water or preferably rose water. If you have an oily skin, leave the mask on for about ten minutes. For dry and combination skins, leave the mask on for about five minutes. If your skin feels tight and uncomfortable, do not wait for the recommended time, and remove the pack immediately.
- Remove the mask with warm water and cotton wool. After that dab on some skin tonic if you have combination or dry skin and astringent if your skin is oily. Do not apply make-up immediately after your facial.