One of the common questions about hair is how to straighten curly hair. Well ways to straighten hair are mentioned below along with several tips to straighten your hair.
Step by step instructions to straighten curly hair:
- Once you take a shower, air-dry your hair until they are damp.
- Remove the tangles with the help of large paddle brush.
- Separate your hair in two layers. You would require six hair bands.
- Divide every layer into three parts.
- Now there would be six divisions. Now tie your hair with the bands.
- Unwrap your hair and allow your hair to dry flat.
- Paddle brush your hair once again.
- To straighten your hair you can apply hair straightener.
- You can even use hair dryers along with large round brush.
- Right after shampoo use a wide toothed comb to straighten your hair from ends to roots.
- Blow-dry your hair using fingers instead of a bush, until they are half dry. This helps in removing excess water from your hair helping you to blow dry your hair and it also saves time.
- Get a hair cut after every four to six weeks in different angles. This will help you reduce the excess volume.
- When your hair is wet brush them and apply hair spray. This will help you straighten extra curly portion of your hair and reduce the overall hair volume.
- Apply a conditioner or a hair product to protect your hair from against damages caused due to heat or sun.
- Rinse your hair with cold water after shampoo. This makes the hair smooth and closes the cuticles and your hair wouldn't get a frizzy effect.
- Use flat irons to unlock your curls. Avoid doing it regularly.
- If you notice static electricity in your hair, dip your fingers in water and dab your head. When you dab your hair with wet fingers, ensure you hair are not extremely wet.