Different types of foundation colors may be available there but one must know how to choose foundation for one's skin. After all choosing the right foundation colors is the base of entire makeup.
HOW TO CHOOSE FOUNDATION
When it is time to choose the right foundation for your skin then you first need to determine which type of foundation is right for your skin type. And then only you should pick the right color and also the right type of the foundation for yourself.
Choosing The Right Foundation Color
- The best way to find out the right color of foundation for your skin tone is little daring one. You need to be brave enough to go shopping with no foundation on but armed with a compact mirror. There in the shop you can easily try out different bases on your face. And then select the most suitable foundation color for your skin.
- When choosing the right color always remember that a perfect foundation should be identical to your skin tone.
- Thus go in for a yellow-based foundation and avoid foundations that feature pink, peach and orange tones.
- While choosing the perfect tone of foundation test it in natural lighting.
- Apply some amount to your neck and then swipe a little of the foundation onto your jaw line, blending it gently into your skin.
- It should match with your skin tone and should completely disappear.
- You can blend a little amount of foundation onto your cheek, near your jaw line and then go out into the daylight.
- If you barely see any foundation applied on your face then it means it is the right color for you. It simply means that the color of foundation should match and blend right in with your actual skin color.
- You can also buy two colors of foundations and blend them together to get the desired color.
- After you find the right color base the best option is to buy the 'translucent powder ', which is slightly pale. This will not affect the color of the foundation but will help you set the base.
- Make sure that you steer clear of any base that looks slightly pink or orange.
- If you have a very dark skin tone then you should either have yellow or red undertones.
- Very often the central panel of your face is lighter as compared to the outer part of your face. Therefore you should try to get a base that is a shade between the two tones so that you maintain a balance.