Cuticle care is important for healthy nails. Know how to take care of nail cuticle. Here are some natural cuticle care tips.
The dead skin overlapping the nail and the skin is known as cuticle. Nails are formed at matrix beneath the cuticle. They are the seal for your nails and fingers as they protect them from fungus, bacteria and any other damage. Cuticles are the part of the skin which givens protection to the nails. They should be taking care of as they protect a nail to get infected. So they should be equally taken care of along with the nails. If they are not look after properly then they can cause serious infections and damage to the nail. They should be taken care in proper method as they are very sensitive. The problem of hangnail is due to lack of cuticle care.
- Different Oils used in massage for Cuticles After bath always massage your cuticles with warm olive oil with your fingers. You can also use mixture of Eucalyptus oil and Jojoba oil and massage it gently with fingers. This will prevent them to get dry.
- Use of cuticle remover for softening Use Orangewood oil or a cuticle remover for softening the cuticle. Oil or a lotion will not help in softening the cuticle. Only cuticle remover will do this softening task.
- Use Orangewood stick to push cuticles and remove Dead skin After softening the cuticle just push back cuticle with the help of Orangewood stick and move the stick in small circular motion. This will help in removing the dead skin from the nail and it is advisable to repeat this action three times on each nail.
- Moisturize them after cleaning After doing this wipe the dead skin with the help of cotton ball which is dipped in moisturizer. This will also help in moisturizing the cuticles and the nails
- Avoid Extreme Care Avoid too much of manicure. This will lead to over grown and harden cuticles. So just avoid extra care of nails and cuticles.
- Avoid metal pieces to be used on Cuticles Do not use any hard substance like metal piece on cuticle as it can harm your nails and cuticles.