Teenage and household work do not go together? Think again and read on to find out how to get your kids to help around the house.
A household functions smoothly only when all its members contribute to the work. Loading only a single person with the entire responsibility will make him tire out very soon. Involve your kids in the housework by following ways:
- Make the cleaning time as much fun as possible. Music comes in very handy in making the environment pleasant and fun.
- Do not make the housework time boring by enforcing unnecessary discipline on them. Housework can be fun, if the kids want to do it dancing or singing, let them enjoy it.
- Work can also act as a fun way of learning basic things also. Like tell them to make pairs of the socks of same color or count the number of clothes to put into the laundry basket.
- Work along with your child and not just order him. It teaches them a lot of important lessons of life like teamwork, good leadership and ownership of work. Also, you can learn a lot about his way of working and together might come up with some great new ideas of doing the same old boring work.
- Teach the kids that by doing housework, they needn't become servants of the house. It is their own work. You can also exchange your chores with there's. If you clean up there room for them, exchange it with them doing something for you. Remember; do not ever give them a chore to do as a punishment. They will start hating it for ever.
- Give your child work that he is capable of doing. Making a task hard for him or not keeping in mind whether he will be able to do it or not is going to make things worse.