Once you get tattooed you must know how to take care of tattoo. So here is a complete account of tattoo aftercare to guide you in this regard.
Getting tattooed might appear easy but your job is not over only with it. Actually the care to be taken after getting inked is also very important. Because even a little carelessness in is regard could prove to be very harmful.
- You should remove the bandage after about 2 hours and should not re-bandage it.
- You should wash the tattoo with your hands only after cleaning them.
- You should use warm water and mild soap for washing the tattoo.
- Then rinse it with cold water.
- Make sure that you keep the tattoo out of the direct spray of the shower.
- Then pat it dry and do not rub with towel.
- For the next two weeks after getting tattooed or until the tattoo is healed you should apply Vitamin A & D ointment or Bacitracin or Zinc Oxide Ointment three times daily after washing the tattoo.
- In case you are allergic to these ointments then you should use water-based lotion such as Curel over the tattoo.
- Make sure that you keep the tattoo moist.
- In case a scab is formed, do not pick or scratch it.
- If the tattoo flakes you should not pick at the flakes or you may pull the color out.
- You should try to avoid sun burning and apply a high SPF sun block to tattoo after it is healed in order to prevent fading.
- Try not to let clothing rub on your tattoo while it is healing.
- You should avoid contact of tattoo with oils, cleansers, and other chemicals.
- You should not swim or soak until the tattoo is healed.